2008-04-18

At Work


I'm more than a little proud of this.

Due to shifts in the market, we started having a lot more freight come onto our dock that has to get boxed and shipped back out.

These pieces are 230 - 300 lbs each and fragile. Boxing them became a ridiculous endevour, especially on days when no one was around to help.

I came up with a way to use two boxes; one on each end; but lifting/flipping these suckers was asking for trouble.








The problem was leverage, more than the weight itself. I figured if I had something like a saw-horse, except stronger, it would be easier.

I made a little drawing and gave it to my boss.






A couple days latter he showed up with this thing he made from scrap wood around his house.

It worked like a charm.
























Step 1 - first box















Step 2 - before the flip

















Step 3 - after the flip



















Step 4 - interlace the box flaps


















Step 5 - tape and stretch-wrap

2 comments:

Michael Bains said...

You should really contact the Underpants Gnomes with this 5 Step Plan. I'm sure they'd be willing to share at least some of their Profit with you.

(Great thinkin'!)

quazipseudo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.